Wake Tech is CLOSED on Friday , January 5th due to bad weather
Wake Tech was CLOSED on Thursday, January 4th and the evening of January 3rd due to bad weather. All ESL classes and registrations scheduled during that time were canceled. Please see the following changes:
- Hispanic Family Center (HFC). Registration rescheduled for Monday, January 8th
- 401N’s January 3rd evening registration was canceled since Wake Tech closed at 5:00pm. it will be held at 6:30pm on January 8th. (Only evening registration was affected)
- Beltline (BEC). Morning, afternoon and evening registrations rescheduled for Monday, January 8th. An additional evening registration will be held on Tuesday, January 9th.
The list will be updated with any additional ESL site closings or registration changes as they become available so please continue to check.
Are you working or busy during the week and unable to attend ESL classes? Now you can study English on Saturday.
Where : Beltline Education Center (BEC) 3200 Bush St., Raleigh 27609
When: Saturdays 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Registrations are on January 20 & 27, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. for Beginning Levels through Advanced.
For more information contact: Robin Abdelilah: 919-334-1509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: New Student Registration originally scheduled for Thursday, January 18, am 6:00 pm and canceled because of bad weather is now scheduled for Thursday, January 25 at 6PM in room 315. We will also have another on next Thursday, February 1 at 6PM in room 405.
Learn English at home for FREE!
Do you want to improve your English?
Do you use email and a computer with internet?
- Improve your English skills in reading, grammar and pronunciation
- Develop your communication skills
- Reach your career goals
- Learn at home at your own pace
The class is motivating and easy to use with an ESL teacher to assist you!
New Student Registrations for students who have never been our ESL program before:
- Thursday, January 18, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, February 1, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, March 22, 6:00 pm
Registrations for current ESL/ABE students :
- Thursday, January 23, 9:30 am
- Thursday, January 25, 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 6, 9:30 am
- Thursday, March 8, 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 24, 9:30 am
- Thursday, April 26, 6:30 pm
Where : Beltline Education Center 3200 Bush St. Raleigh 27609, Room 215
For more information contact: Hylana Tyler – email@example.com
Cameron Village Regional Library is hosting the 1st annual bilingual book fair.
- When: October 28, 2017 from 11am to 5 pm
- Where: 1930 Clark Ave, Raleigh
Find out more about the Beltline Free tutoring lab – Click on our new page under Student Resources for details.
Tax season is here and you are probably receiving many tax forms in your mail. You need to file your taxes by April 15th. Have questions? Feeling stressed out and overwhelmed?
Look at the flyer below to find out how to get some FREE help!
- To qualify for this service, your salary must be $60,000 per year, or less.
- You must bring the required documents on the list below.
- You must set up an appointment before you go by calling or emailing:
- Students who can’t go to Wake Tech’s main campus can get help at the Wake County Human Services building on 220 Swinburne St., Raleigh, NC 27610 – near Wake Med hospital.
Following new additional classes are available to students already enrolled in ESL classes.
Classes Meeting Monday & Wednesdays from 12:30 – 2:30, Oc.t 5 to Nov. 21.
- Building Reading and Writing Skills 1 – Students will be working on phonemic awareness. This would be a great addition for students learning beginning literacy skills (Room 332C)
- Oral and Written Communication Skills – This class is for students in Level 3 and 4 who need to improve their reading and writing skills. (Room 342C)
- Writing Skills for College and Career Success – This class is for students in Level 5 and 6 who need to improve their reading and writing skills for work or school . (Room 325C)
Classes Meeting Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30 – 2:30, Oc.t 4 to Nov. 22.
- Building Reading and Writing Skills 2 – The focus will be on building student knowledge of long vowel sounds (Room 332C)
- Pronunciation and Grammar – Students will work on blends, spelling patterns, and consonant sounds along with learning and practicing grammar rules. This class is available for students in levels 4, 5, and 6. (Room 325C)
Be sure to check out this free festival hosted over the Labor Day week-end celebrating African American culture. Information for the festival is on the flyer below and additional details on festival activities can be found here => Festival Website
Flyer for Festival
Job Fair at Kelly Services
Below is the Job Fair Information in Spanish
Spanish Job Fair Flyer
More Info on Job Profile for Pickers/Packers
- Perform duties to inspect product on production line
- Prior to packaging, gather and store product as required and feed product back into production line
- When Appropriate. Perform duties to in spectate packaged product and remove defective products classified as rejects
- Pack first line product into cartons or tray as required
- Perform necessary sanitation inspections
- Continually check product for food safety and product quality
- Follow safety rules
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Monitor cross contamination