If you’re looking for a place to live or something fun to do on the weekend, it’s good to know the names of the different areas of Raleigh and Cary. Over the next few months, we will look at several different areas and all the things you can do there. We will start with the NC State University area. Here’s a map of the area. The Brooks Avenue Church of Christ is marked with “A,” and if you click on the map, you will go to an interactive version where you can see more:
Here are some important things to see on the map.
- Hillsborough Street – There are many stores and restaurants on Hillsborough St. You have to pay to park there, though, so be careful not to get a parking ticket.
- Western Boulevard – The part of Western Blvd. that you can see on this map is mostly just for driving. However, if you go west on Western, there are a lot of fast food restaurants. There is also a Food Lion supermarket.
- Gorman Street – Most of Gorman St. is residential. That means that there are houses and apartments.
- Oberlin Road – Oberlin Rd. has both businesses and homes. If you go north on Oberlin, you can get to Wade Avenue and Glenwood Avenue.
3. Pullen Park – Pullen Park was the first public park in NC. It has a swimming pool, tennis courts, picnic shelters, a playground, a carousel, and lots of other fun things for your family.
What are your favorite things to do in this area? Leave a comment with the names of your favorite stores and restaurants near NCSU.