The Beltline Education Center (BEC) has introduced additional “Add-On Classes” for students already enrolled in a regular ESL class at WTCC. The add-on classes offer students the chance to work on a targeted skill area.
Please check the Registration page for specific semester dates and open registration termination.
AFTERNOON CLASSES – Meet Monday & Wednesday, 12:30-2:30 pm
- Building Reading and Writing Skills – in Room 332C.
- Students will be working on phonemic awareness, this would be a great addition for students learning beginning literacy skills.
- Intermediate Written and Oral Communication Class – in Room 342C
- This class is for level 3 and 4 students who need to improve their conversational and writing skills.
- ABE Writing Class – in Room 320C Meets until 3:00 pm
- This class is for students in ERV or ABE classes who need to improve their writing skills for work or school.
- This class will help you develop your skills while gaining confidence in your writing abilities.
AFTERNOON CLASSES – Meet Tuesday & Thursday, 12:30-2:30 pm
- Pronunciation and Grammar – in Room 325C
- Students will work on blends, spelling patterns, and consonant sounds along with learning and practicing grammar rules.
- This class is available for students in levels 4, 5, and 6.
- Building Reading and Writing Skills 2 – in Room 332C.
- The focus will be on building student knowlede of long vowel sounds.
For more information, call 919-334-1501 ESL Help Desk or contact Megan Heard, firstname.lastname@example.org