Section 1 Vocabulary Quiz:
1. __Waiver___ means a request for permission not to do something. Sara is a preschool teacher so she can get a tuition waiver in order that her children can attend preschool at no charge.
2. __Eligibility___ means able to do something.
3. ___Nationality___ means a group of people who share the same history, traditions, and language, and who usually live together in a particular country.
4. ___Widowed___ means a woman whose husband has died.
5. ___Lawful Permanent Resident__ means any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing in the U.S. legally and lawfully and has recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Also known as “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder.”
6. __Annulled__means to say that something is no longer valid: to make something legally void.
7. ___Divorced____ means the ending of a marriage by a legal process.
8. __Accomodations__means something done to provide what is needed or wanted for someone.
9. ___Disability__ means a condition (such as an illness or an injury) that damages or limits a person’s physical or mental abilities.
10. ___Impairment__ means a condition in which a part of your body or mind is damaged and does not work well.