Check your answers for the questions in:
Part Five: U.S. Geography and Culture
52. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
- the United States
- the flag
88. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.
- Missouri (River)
- Mississippi (River)
89. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?
- Pacific (Ocean)
90. What ocean is on the East Coast of the United States?
- Atlantic (Ocean)
91. Name one US Territory:
- Puerto Rico
- US Virgin Islands
- American Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands
92. Name one state that borders Canada.
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Dakota
93. Name one state that borders Mexico.
- New Mexico
94. What is the capital of the United States?
- Washington, DC
95. Where is the Statue of Liberty?
- New York (Harbor)
- Liberty Island
- also acceptable are: “New Jersey,” “near New York City,” and “on the Hudson River”
96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
- because there were 13 original colonies
- because the stripes represent the original colonies
97. Why does the flag have 50 stars?
- because there is one star for each state
- because each star represents a state
- because there are 50 states
98. What is the name of the national anthem?
- The Star-Spangled Banner
99. When do we celebrate Independence Day?
- July 4th
100. Name two national US Holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day