This page tells you about sites that let you play while you learn English. You can have fun while you learn grammar or new vocabulary! Some of the games need more than one player. Maybe you can play with your family or friends, and see who wins!
(*recently added )
- English Club – Many vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation games. Includes hangman, crosswords, jumbles and many more.
- ESL Games – Games for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Students. Most games help you practice verb tenses but there are a few for vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Mark’s English School (MES) Games – Play basketball and golf while practicing grammar. Then hop over to play vocabulary and phonics games.
- Vocabulary Spelling City – Games to practice spelling with vocabulary lists like Homophones, Sight Words, and more.
- * ESL Partyland – quizzes and games on grammar, vocabulary, reading, idioms and expression with easy, medium and difficult levels.
- ESL Tower – Games for verb tenses but also for many other grammar subjects, including vocabulary and listening.
- ABCya – This is also a site for younger students, but the games may be fun to play with your kids.
- BBC – Skillwise – English Games – 4 pages of games to help you with pronunciation
- English Games Plus – Many of the games are for young learners but they are fun for adults, too! Sentence Monkey helps you make sentences and the spelling games help you write words correctly.
- Many Things – Vocabulary and word-based games
- Vocabulary Games – Multiple games (Unscramble, Hangmouse, Crosswords, and more) to practice English vocabulary. Higher levels can use this site, too.