This page will help you find online resources related to popular English textbooks or reference books. Some may be for books you use in your Wake Tech ESL class. You can even find some English textbooks completely online!
- If you are looking for dictionaries, click on our Online Dictionaries page.
- If you are looking for Side by Side (by Molinsky and Bliss) resources, look at our Side by Side Videos page.
Note: The Crossroads Cafe videos are no longer available for free online.
Each of these links has additional exercises matching textbook levels.
Great Writing – Keith Folse
These links are for the 3rd edition ( earlier one than what we have in our classrooms) but exercises are still perfect for us. For each link, select a chapter and then select “Web Activities” from the left hand menu.
- Great Writing 1: Great Sentences for Great Paragraphs
- Great Writing 2: Great Paragraphs
- Great Writing 3: From Great Paragraphs to Great Essays
- Great Writing 4: Great Essays
- Great Writing 4: Greater Essays
Grammar Links – downloads for activities, writing models, quizzes and more
Betty Azar’s English Grammar Series (Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced)
Downtown – English For Work and Life series
Oxford Picture Dictionary Workplace Skills Builder – Has videos and audio exercises
Townsend Press – Has several “samples” exercises for Reading / Writing/ Vocabulary texts
Full English Textbooks Online – (PDF format)
- Lane’s English as a Second Language Series
- New English File Elementary Workbook – Many exercises!
- New Interchange English – Student Book 1
- SaddleBack Basic English Grammar
- Just Enough English Grammar Illustrated – Uses visuals to teach grammar points
- Fluent English – For advanced learners
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book
- English Idioms – Exercises on Idioms
- Speak English like an American – Idioms used in a series of dialogs
If you know of any more ESL textbooks or reference books that are online or have online related activities, please add a comment to this page and tell us about them.