Read the job application below. Answer the questions.
First Name: H’Jie
Last Name: Rmah
2038 Horton St. Apt. B___
Street Number Street Name Apartment
City State Zip Code
Position Applied for: Cook
Date of Birth: January 1, 1980
Phone Number (919) 555 – 4832
Do you have reliable transportation? Yes. I can walk to work from my apartment.
Can you work mornings? No. I am taking English classes every morning on Monday through Friday. It is very important to me to perfect my English. I am available to work mornings on Saturdays and Sundays.
Can you work afternoons? Yes.
Can you work nights? Yes.
Can you work weekends? Yes.
Reading Comprehension Questions
1. What is her last name?
2. What is her first name?
3. What is her street name?
4. What is her street number?
5. What is her apartment letter?
6. What state does she live in?
7. What is her zip code?
8. What city does she live in?
9. What is her phone number?
10. What is her date of birth?
11. Will she drive, walk, or take the bus to work?
12. Can she work nights?
13. Why won’t she work mornings?
14. Do you agree with her that it is more important to learn English, than to be available to work mornings? Why or why not?
15. What will her potential boss think about her not being willing to work in the mornings because of her English class? Why?