February is National Heart Month. Do you want information on how to keep your heart healthy, what foods to eat and which medicines can help you with heart issues?
Be sure to check out our new FDA page listed under “Student Resources” section on the right sidebar. It can give you that information and lots more on how food/ drugs can affect your heath.
Updated: Please note time and date of latest two CPR classes. These classes won’t be offered again until the September / October timeframe so sign up NOW. Contact Karin Simpson (at 919.334.1592) for any questions on these classes.
February is National Heart Month so check out these classes that can boost your heath skills
Be sure to check out the new February Star Calendar in our Star Center page under the Student Resources Section. The page will be updated as new calendars become available.
Please note that there will be presentations at noon and 5PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Topics will be Certificate programs, college process, and employment process, respectively.
January 30 update: Wake Public County Schools have a 2 hour delay because of the possibility of icy road conditions in the morning.
The following community site based ESL classes are canceled this morning.
- HUMC – Highlands United Methodist Church
- GUMC – Garner United Methodist Church
- HFC – Hispanic Family Center
- WPUM – White Plains United Methodist Church
Please note that 401N and BEC are open and operating on a regular schedule.
Update: Wake Tech Beltline Center will be open on Saturday, January 20th. Registrations for Saturday ESL and Citizenship classes will be held as scheduled at 9:30 am.
All Wake Tech Campuses will be closed Friday, January 19.
All Wake Tech Campuses were closed Thursday, January 18.
Due to inclement weather, all Wake Tech Campuses were closed Wednesday, January 17.
All ESL classes are canceled.
ONLINE ONLY CLASSES will continue as scheduled.
Attention: Level 4 – Level 6 ESL Students
Did you make a New Year’s resolution to improve your English? Well, writing is a great way to do that and you can take an additional writing course to help you. If you are taking an ESL course at any of our sites, you can come to the Beltline center for an optional afternoon class focused on writing.
When: Starts Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Class Schedule: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 12:30 pm to 2:30pm
Where: Beltline Center – 3200 Bush Street, Raleigh
Wake Tech is CLOSED on Friday , January 5th due to bad weather
Wake Tech was CLOSED on Thursday, January 4th and the evening of January 3rd due to bad weather. All ESL classes and registrations scheduled during that time were canceled. Please see the following changes:
- Hispanic Family Center (HFC). Registration rescheduled for Monday, January 8th
- 401N’s January 3rd evening registration was canceled since Wake Tech closed at 5:00pm. it will be held at 6:30pm on January 8th. (Only evening registration was affected)
- Beltline (BEC). Morning, afternoon and evening registrations rescheduled for Monday, January 8th. An additional evening registration will be held on Tuesday, January 9th.
The list will be updated with any additional ESL site closings or registration changes as they become available so please continue to check.
Are you working or busy during the week and unable to attend ESL classes? Now you can study English on Saturday.
Where : Beltline Education Center (BEC) 3200 Bush St., Raleigh 27609
When: Saturdays 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Registrations are on January 20 & 27, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. for Beginning Levels through Advanced.
For more information contact: Robin Abdelilah: 919-334-1509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: New Student Registration originally scheduled for Thursday, January 18, am 6:00 pm and canceled because of bad weather is now scheduled for Thursday, January 25 at 6PM in room 315. We will also have another on next Thursday, February 1 at 6PM in room 405.
Learn English at home for FREE!
Do you want to improve your English?
Do you use email and a computer with internet?
- Improve your English skills in reading, grammar and pronunciation
- Develop your communication skills
- Reach your career goals
- Learn at home at your own pace
The class is motivating and easy to use with an ESL teacher to assist you!
New Student Registrations for students who have never been our ESL program before:
- Thursday, January 18, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, February 1, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, March 22, 6:00 pm
Registrations for current ESL/ABE students :
- Thursday, January 23, 9:30 am
- Thursday, January 25, 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 6, 9:30 am
- Thursday, March 8, 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 24, 9:30 am
- Thursday, April 26, 6:30 pm
Where : Beltline Education Center 3200 Bush St. Raleigh 27609, Room 215
For more information contact: Hylana Tyler – email@example.com