Using Google Maps to Find Your Way (Intermediate to Advanced)
Objective: Students will be able to find directions to a desired location.
Materials: Computer or tablet with internet access. You will also need your starting address and the address of your desired destination (where you are going).
- Step 1: Go to google.com. You will see several choices below the address bar, click on MAPS
- Step 2: Click on “Get directions”
- Step 3: You will see A and B tab (A is your start address and B is the end address).
- Now you will see one or more suggested routes. It will list the distance as well as how long the trip will take.
Practice 1: Use Google Maps by following the steps and search the directions to the NC Museum of Natural Sciences, 11 West Jones St. Raleigh, NC 27601
See the example below that uses a starting point of Wake Tech’s ESL site, Brooks Ave. Church of Christ.
A 700 Brooks Avenue, Raleigh, NC
B 11 West Jones St. Raleigh, NC 27601
- 0 mi, 9 mins In current traffic: 9 mins
- 2 mi, 9 mins In current traffic: 9 mins
Wade Ave and Capital Blvd
- 0 mi, 11 mins No traffic information
Hillsborough St and W Morgan St
|Driving directions to 11 W Jones St, Raleigh, NC 27601|
|*700 Brooks Ave. Raleigh NC 27607||*|
Destination will be on the right
|*||11 W Jones StRaleigh, NC 27601|
Practice 2: Search for directions to the NC Zoo, 4401 Zoo Parkway Asheboro,NC 27205 from your current location.