In March 2015, Wake Tech’s Continuing Education Division opened a new School of Cosmetology at its Beltline Education Center in Raleigh. The Continuing Education’s School of Cosmetology is an alternative to a Cosmetology Associates Degree for those individuals who need training to enter the workforce sooner or need a flexible schedule to be able to work while they acquire their cosmetology training.
Students will learn the art of cosmetology and prepare for the N.C. Board of Cosmetic Art Examination. In addition, we will offer Natural Hair Specialist, and Shampoo Technician certifications. Students who complete a chosen program will be eligible to take the required N.C. Board of Cosmetic Arts Exams.
This is a great opportunity for numerous reasons:
- Certification of Completion based on State of N.C. requirements.
- Affordable cost
- Flexible schedule options
- Fast-track to workforce (required 1,500 clock hours in 12-24 months)
- Hands-on learning with access to full clientele and individual coaching from certified instructors
- NEW state of the art facility convenient to North, Central Raleigh, and the Wake Forest area, located at Wake Tech’s new Beltline Education Center (BLTC), 3200 Bush St. Raleigh, 27609
To learn more about this wonderful opportunity, visit the Information Session calendar at http://www.waketech.edu/programs-courses/non-credit/enhance-your-career/service-industry/barbering-and-cosmetology or send us an invitation to speak with your organization.
You may contact Felicia Montgomery, Instructor/Coordinator at 919-866-5140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** A high school diploma or high school equivalency (formerly GED) is required to begin this program.