Dress for Success Triangle NC is hosting a series of training events to help women who have found employment.
Find details at this Facebook page and this Dress For Success page but heads up – the next event is at the Beltline!
- Saturday, September 21, 2019, 9:00 AM 12:00 PM, at the Wake Tech Beltline Education Center BEC-403D Module 3: Build Financial Savings & Set Goals & Module 4: Creating Work/Life Balance
The April 29th registrations originally scheduled for Western Wake Campus (Millpond Village ) and White Plains United Methodist Church (WPUM) have been cancelled.
Due to the closures caused by Hurricane Michael, ESL Long Distance (Burlington) registration was rescheduled.
It will now be held on October 29th at 6:00 pm at the BEC in Room 406.
Wake Tech sites will delay opening until 10:00 AM on Friday, October 12, 2018.
The Knightdale Recreation Center (KRCC) has cancelled ESL class on Friday.
Be ready and don’t worry if you get an alert on your cell phone tomorrow, October 3rd, between 2:18pm and 2:20pm. It’s a test.
- Phones across the country will all receive an emergency alert test between approximately 2:18 and 2:20 pm EST.
- This is the first-ever test of the country’s emergency communications system with a presidential alert.
- It will be the same tone and vibration as tornado and AMBER Alert warnings. Users cannot opt out .
- It should have a header that reads “Presidential Alert” and text “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”
The system was set up in 2006 and is intended to notify the public of hazardous situations. While the Emergency Alert System has been tested before, the Wednesday test will be the first time the nationwide Wireless Emergency Alert system will be tested. This system is used to notify the public about dangerous weather, missing children, and other regionally critical situations through alerts on cellular phones. Cell phones turned on and within range of an active cell tower are expected to receive the message. Some older phones may not get the message.
Hurricane Florence caused us to cancel several registrations. The following have been rescheduled and are all at the Beltline Center (BEC)
- ESL Long Distance Learning – Thursday , September 20th at 6:00 pm
- Saturday ESL Class – Saturday, September 29th at 9:00 am
- Citizenship Classes – Saturday, September 29th at 9:00 am
In need of dental work?? Be sure to check out these free services available in a 1 day dental fair offered by Triangle Dentistry
- Offering one free service: cleaning, filling, OR extraction (no wisdom tooth extractions).
- First come, first serve basis.
- After receiving one service, you may get in line again
Be sure to check out the new February Star Calendar in our Star Center page under the Student Resources Section. The page will be updated as new calendars become available.
Please note that there will be presentations at noon and 5PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Topics will be Certificate programs, college process, and employment process, respectively.
Our free Citizenship Preparation class will be offered this summer, 2017!
Beltline Education Center (BEC), 3200 Bush St., Raleigh 27609
Saturdays, 9:30am-12:30pm, Room 324C
Registration: July 15, 2017
For more information: email@example.com or 919-334-1509
Tax season is here and you are probably receiving many tax forms in your mail. You need to file your taxes by April 15th. Have questions? Feeling stressed out and overwhelmed?
Look at the flyer below to find out how to get some FREE help!
- To qualify for this service, your salary must be $60,000 per year, or less.
- You must bring the required documents on the list below.
- You must set up an appointment before you go by calling or emailing:
- Students who can’t go to Wake Tech’s main campus can get help at the Wake County Human Services building on 220 Swinburne St., Raleigh, NC 27610 – near Wake Med hospital.