Due to the threat of inclement weather, Wake Tech will close at 1:00 pm on Thursday, February 20. All afternoon and evening ESL classes are canceled.
All Wake Tech Campuses will open tomorrow, Friday Feb 7, at 10am.
ESL classes at 401North, Beltline (BEC) and Western Wake will start at 10am.
ESL classes at Knightdale are cancelled.
Career & Employment Resources is excited to repeat the Suit Up event with JCPenney. This is the event offered last year that allows our students to shop for professional attire at a deep discount…up to 60% off! . The invitation is extended to our continuing education students again this year.
This year’s event will be Sunday, February 9th 6:00 – 9:00 PM at the JCPenney at North Hills.
Faculty and staff are also able to shop with the discount shopping pass! No RSVP is required. Simply show up with your Wake Tech ID.
We are happy to announce that a new site, the RTP Campus, will be offering ESL classes beginning in February, 2020.
Where: 10908 Chapel Hill Rd, Morrisville, NC 27560 Room 117
- Evening classes
- ESL Levels 3 /4 and 5/6, and ABE
- 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Monday- Thursday, from Feb 3 to June 11, 2019
- Registrations on February 3, 4, & 17 and March 16
- Contact Edith Cowper 919-334-1542 or email@example.com
- Saturday classes
- ESL Levels 1-6, and ABE
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Saturdays, from Feb 8 to June 6, 2019
- Registrations on February 8, 15 and 22
- Contact Robin Abdelilah 919-334-1509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress for Success Triangle NC is hosting a series of training events to help women who have found employment.
- Saturday, September 21, 2019, 9:00 AM 12:00 PM, at the Wake Tech Beltline Education Center BEC-403D Module 3: Build Financial Savings & Set Goals & Module 4: Creating Work/Life Balance
The April 29th registrations originally scheduled for Western Wake Campus (Millpond Village ) and White Plains United Methodist Church (WPUM) have been cancelled.
Due to the closures caused by Hurricane Michael, ESL Long Distance (Burlington) registration was rescheduled.
It will now be held on October 29th at 6:00 pm at the BEC in Room 406.
Wake Tech sites will delay opening until 10:00 AM on Friday, October 12, 2018.
The Knightdale Recreation Center (KRCC) has cancelled ESL class on Friday.
Be ready and don’t worry if you get an alert on your cell phone tomorrow, October 3rd, between 2:18pm and 2:20pm. It’s a test.
- Phones across the country will all receive an emergency alert test between approximately 2:18 and 2:20 pm EST.
- This is the first-ever test of the country’s emergency communications system with a presidential alert.
- It will be the same tone and vibration as tornado and AMBER Alert warnings. Users cannot opt out .
- It should have a header that reads “Presidential Alert” and text “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”
The system was set up in 2006 and is intended to notify the public of hazardous situations. While the Emergency Alert System has been tested before, the Wednesday test will be the first time the nationwide Wireless Emergency Alert system will be tested. This system is used to notify the public about dangerous weather, missing children, and other regionally critical situations through alerts on cellular phones. Cell phones turned on and within range of an active cell tower are expected to receive the message. Some older phones may not get the message.