- Are you new to Raleigh?
- Do you get lost easily?
- Do you want to learn more about the city and where things are?
- Do you want to explore new areas?
- Are you looking for a new house or apartment?
- Do you want to find new restaurants?
- Are you curious about Raleigh in general?
If you answered, “Yes!” to any of these questions, you should read our “Around Raleigh” posts. Each one will tell you about a different area of Raleigh.
- NCSU Area – This is the area around NC State University
- Downtown – Downtown is east of NCSU, south of Crabtree Valley Mall, and north of I-40.
- Five Points – This area is north of downtown, but south of Crabtree Valley Mall.
- Midtown – This is the area around Crabtree Valley Mall and North Hills Mall.
The Triangle is one of the best places in the world for families and singles. It’s safe, and there are many things to do. Here are some things you can do with your friends and family in the Raleigh area:
- Visit Marbles Kids Museum
- Visit your local library
- Visit Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill
- Visit the NC State Farmers Market
- Visit Pullen Park
- Visit Shelley Lake Park
- Visit the JC Raulston Arboretum
- Visit the NC Museum of History
- Visit one of Raleigh’s beautiful lakes
- Swim in one of Raleigh’s public pools
- Go to First Friday
Find inexpensive or free things to do at Triangle on the Cheap
Raleigh’s public transportation is not very good, but there are some places you simply must go, and sometimes the bus is the only way. As we add information to the blogs about the public bus system, we will link to those posts here.