The North Carolina State Fair comes to Raleigh for 10 days every fall. It will start on Thursday, October 16 and end on Sunday, October 26, 2014.
How much does it cost?
It costs $7-9 for an adult to enter the fair. It costs $3-4 for children between the ages of 6 and 12. Children ages 5 and under get in for free. Adults over the age of 65 also get in for free! Buy your tickets early to save money.
What is there to do at the fair?
There are MANY fun and interesting things to do at the fair. Click on each one to get more information.
- Rides – If you buy tickets before the fair starts, you can save money. Click here for more information about tickets.
- Food – Food is EVERYWHERE at the fair. You can eat honey cotton candy, NCSU ice cream, and more fried foods than you can imagine.
- Concerts – To attend these concerts, you must pay to enter the fair AND to enter the concert.
- Free Entertainment – You still have to pay to enter the fair, but when you are inside the gates, these things do not cost extra. Click here for free concerts (including Bluegrass!).
- Folk Festival – You can hear traditional music and see traditional dancing from NC!
- Antique Farm Machines – If you have a young son, he will love this. You can see old farm equipment from the 1930s-1950s!
- World War I Exhibit – Learn some NC and American history at this educational exhibit.
- Fireworks! – There will be fireworks every night at 9:45 to signal the end of the night. At that time, all of the fair buildings will close, and the gates will not allow new people to enter.
How do I get there?
The NC State Fair is located at the corner of Blue Ridge Rd. and Hillsborough St. in Raleigh.
There are many ways you can get there. You can drive and look for a place to park nearby, but be careful! Do not park in private driveways, and pay attention to “No Parking” signs. You can pay to park in many places close to the fair. You can park a little farther away and ride a shuttle bus. Or you can take a train! This site has all the information you need to get to the fair. If you have any questions, please ask your teacher for help.
Are you going to the fair? Here are some ideas for you:
- Write a comment, and tell us what you are going to do there!
- Go with your classmates and their families! Write a comment to tell us about it!
- After you go to the fair, write a comment, and tell us what you enjoyed.
- Take pictures, and show them to your class.
- Have fun!