What can kids do at Marbles?
Marbles has many different areas where kids can play and learn. Here are some of them….
- Around Town – Here, kids can play in different real-life situations. There is a theater, a veterinarian’s office, a farm, a supermarket, and a real bus!
- Toddler’s Hollow – A toddler is a child who is learning to walk. Toddler’s Hollow is a special, safe area for very young children. Toddlers can explore, but if they fall down, they won’t get hurt.
- Splash! – In this section, children play with and learn about water. There’s also a pirate ship!
- IdeaWorks – Upstairs, kids can build a car, hammer a nail, and make crafts.
- Art Loft – This area is for painting, drawing, and sculpting. When they’re finished, your kids can hang their work on the wall for others to see!
- Moneypalooza – Here, children learn about earning, spending, and saving money.
- Power2Play – This section is all about health, fitness, balance, and sports. Your kids can dance, play, jump, hang, slide, pull, push, and climb. They can also learn about healthy food!
- STEMosphere – STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Here, kids do math puzzles, play logic games, and learn about science in a fun and interesting way.
How much does it cost?
Children under 1 year old get in free. Other children and adults can enter the museum for $7 each. You can also become a member and get in free for a year. If you take one child to Marbles every month, this will help you save some money.
Plus! Play Late for Less every Thursday and on First Fridays, when the museum is open until 7pm with $3 admission after 3pm.
Where is it?
Marbles is located at 201 East Hargett Street | Raleigh, NC 27601, on the corner of S. Blount Street and E. Hargett Street, on the north side of Moore Square.
When can I go?
Marbles is open daily from 9am – 5 pm
Most people go to Marbles between 10:00 and 1:00 Tuesday-Friday. If you want to go when there are fewer people, you should go at a different time. Marbles is closed on Easter, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
For more information, visit the Marbles website. Then answer these questions:
- How many children do you have?
- How old are they?
- What will they love at Marbles?