It’s fall! Fall (or Autumn) officially began on September 23, at the Autumnal Equinox. Now, the rain is over (we hope) and we can expect beautiful October days. The weather in the fall is cool, not hot, not cold.
What do you do in the fall? There are many fall activities you can participate in. Let’s look at some of them.
#1. Look at leaves. (Leaf –> leaves, not leafs) Leaves change color in fall. Many people like to look at the leaves. Some people collect them in a book.
#3: Go to the State Fair. You can eat a lot of new (but unhealthy) food. Try a funnel cake. Enjoy the rides at the Midway (the place where the games and rides are).
#4: Buy a pumpkin. Many people cut faces into pumpkins. Other people put a regular pumpkin on their porch.
#5: Go to the mountains. It takes about 3 hours to drive to the mountains of North Carolina. October is the best month to see beautiful colors.
#7: Go camping. Many people enjoy sleeping in a tent outside in the fall. You can make a campfire and stay warm!
#8: Have fun! Fall is a wonderful season for crafts with your children. Enjoy the season . . . it will be cold soon!
Your Turn! Fill in the blank.
- Fall is a nice ________________.
- ____________ change color in the fall.
- A _______________ is a sweet food you can eat at the State Fair.
- The rides and games at the Fair are at the ____________.
- ______________ are orange and round.
- You sleep in a _______ when you go camping.
- A ______ is something you make by hand.
A little more . . .
What do you like about the fall? What activities do you do?