1. On the left side of this website, you can see the phrase “Job Resources”. Under “Job Resources”, click on “Career Builder” Job Search Website. I took some pictures to help you see how to use this website. If it is difficult to see the pictures on your computer, click on the pictures to make them bigger and more clear.
2. Under “Keywords”, type a job skill that you have. For example, maybe I have cooking experience. I type “cook” under “Keywords”. Under “Location”, type your zip code. For example, maybe I am a student who lives near Wade Avenue. I type the zip code “27607”. Then, I click “Find Jobs”.
3. For this example, I found 84 job opportunities! Maybe I don’t have time to carefully read 84 job ads today. I want to find the cook jobs that are best for me. I click on “Advanced Search“.
4. Now I have many options to find the best jobs for me. Maybe I need a job that is very close to my apartment. Under “Include Jobs Within“, I will select “5 miles“. I only want jobs that were posted recently. I don’t want old job opportunities, so under “Include Jobs Posted Within“, I will select “Last 7 Days“. Then, I click on the orange “Find Jobs” link at the bottom left corner of this screen.
5. Now I have 18 job ads. I have time to carefully read 18 job opportunities today. I begin looking at the job options by clicking on each of the orange links below “Search Results“.
6. Now it is your turn to look for jobs! Good luck!
If you have any questions about searching for jobs on careerbuilder.com, type your questions in the “Leave a Reply” box below.