This page will teach you how to use the NCWorks Online Website. This website is an excellent resource for finding jobs.
1. Click on the link above to visit this website. Then, type the name of the job you are searching for (for example, “painter”, “truck driver”, or “nurse”), your zip code, the city, and the number of miles that you are willing to drive to go to your future job everyday. When you are finished, click “Search”.
2. This example search for a painter job within 25 miles of Raleigh found 23 job opportunities. Click on the arrows at the top and bottom of the screen to the right to scroll up or down and see all of these jobs. Click on the blue links to learn more about a job that interests you. If you are not happy with the results of your search or if you want to search for a different type of job, click “search criteria” at the top of the screen.
3. Let’s click on the first painter job to see an example. Maybe after I read about this job, I decide that I want to apply for this job. To apply for this job, I need to click on the “How to Apply for this Job” link at the bottom of the page.
4. When you click “How to apply for this job”, the website will ask you to register. Click “OK”.
5. If you have never been to this website before, scroll down to “Option 2 – Create a User Account”. Click on “Individual”.
6. Now you are going to create a username and password. Choose a professional username because the supervisor of the company will see it. This person is using his last name and his first name. Choose a password and write it down somewhere safe. Then, enter your social security number 2 times: once in each box.
7. Scroll down and answer the other questions on this page. Remember: “Country” is asking where you live now, not where you are from. When you are finished, click “Next” at the bottom of the page.
8. If you have been to this website before, type in your username and password. Remember: when you create a user name and password, it is very important to write it down. If you forget your user name and password in the future, click Retrieve User Name or Password.