Next in our series on the English Blog is the second category “English Lessons Online”. This category has websites that provide a sets of related lessons usually at various learner levels. Take a moment and click on the six highlighted links and then the related ….more links page .
- Learn American English Online – has 7 colored levels, each with over 25 specific lessons on a focused grammar point. Each lesson usually has a visual filled written description of the grammar point, video outtakes and exercises. The levels have reading and dictation activities. This site is NOT just for beginners but can used by ERV students too.
- USA Learns – is a multi unit course with different beginners / intermediate levels. It needs a sign-in using an email address but any email (firstname.lastname@example.org) can be used if a student doesn’t have one. Using videos in an ESL class setting, it covers a dizzying range of topics with a variety of activities.
- REEP World – is used by many teachers. It only has 3 sets of lessons centered on Work, Family and Health but they are very comprehensive and there are teacher’s resources available.
- El Civics – the English used for its lessons is simple but it provides MANY lessons about U.S. history, government, citizenship, geography, culture and HOLIDAYS! There is also free downloadable worksheets
- ESOL Courses– has 5 levels with lessons focused on particular skill areas ( speaking, reading , etc) and topics
- Web-ESL – looking for activities to re-enforce a lesson? This site provide variety of activities all linked to topics.
- …More Learn English Online Links – has more links for the same category. Of special note, see the extensive set of Mrs Haquet’s interactive “mini-books”. I’ve listed them in table format for easy access. Great way for students to learn grammar points within a topic setting.